Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WORD OF THE WEEK!!!!!! (contradict)

Hey guys! I've decided to make a new thing on my blog call THE WORD OF THE WEEK! I got the idea from my school because at my school we have a word of the week or day, so yeah. The word of the week is: contradict. I decided it was 'contradict' because the word just came to me and wanted to be the word of the week right when my friend, Sooin, said her words were contradicting themselves. Well since then, every time I see her, which is every day, I had to mention it to her every time. So now I have decided to make it THE WORD OF THE WEEK!!!

CONTRADICT:
definition:
1. to assert the contrary or opposite of; deny directly and categorically.
2. to speak contrary to the assertions of: to contradict oneself.
3. (of an action or event) to imply a denial of: His way of life contradicts his stated principles.
4. Obsolete. to speak or declare against; oppose.

by the way, these definitions were thanks to.....DICTIONARY.COM!!!! WHOO! go dictionary.com! well anyway that is the definition of the word 'contradict.' I hope you liked my word of the week!!! Talk to you guys next time on the next word of the week!!!! or sooner....

BYE!!!!

PS. remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle!!! :D

3 comments:

  1. CONSEQUENCES
    with all the "s" sounds, it it truly a lovely sounding word

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill make it my nxt nxt nxt nxt word of the week audrey...and yeah i no rebecca!

    ReplyDelete