Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Health Class

Well I got bored today. We had summer school once again. Bleh! We had to do a powerpoint, on a disease, which was obesity for my group. Well the people in my group were DEFINITELY people I didn't know considering they didn't go to my school. Well it was kind of difficult to work with them since I felt awkward asking them questions. Not the best day but it's getting better. Like today we also took a 90 question test. Luckily it was open book and open notes but I still think I failed. My heart is sad. :'( I officially hate summer school. But the powerpoint doesn't look THAT bad. Sadly, I made the finishing touches and well, I'm REALLY bad with computers.
Well back to tabs. If you checked out my blog recently, than you would notice that i put a new tab named Dum. dum. dum. It basically just talks about some recent stuff going on with other blogs and such. If this is a boring post, well I was bored so it makes sense. :)
By the way, if I had to say, never take summer school. It just sucks you away from having an actual life. If you are a nerd, than that just makes it worse.
But on Friday and today, OH LORD! There was this movie we watched, Food Inc. It is so sad! It talks about how our meat goes from farms and industries to our supermarkets. My oh my. I really want to go to this one place that has pretty healthy meat compared to the ones in the supermarkets. Well people can also go to farmers' markets. Those are WAY healthier than the ones in markets. Plus eating organic food can help our environment. I felt so bad for the chickens, other produce, and the illegal immigrants. It was sad on how they treat all of them. Even though, illegal immigrants were illegal, the companies even openly put out ads in Mexico after America could produce corn more cheaply and sell it for less than the Mexican farmers. Sadly, those companies even made deals with government to take them away. Even though they packed our meat from those companies for more than 15 years, they were treated like criminals. And there was another lady. Because the farmers had to work for the companies and produce a lot of cows and made sure they grow really big and fast, they had to feed them corn. Sadly, since cows are only supposed to eat grass, they started to grow a lot of E. coli. E. coli is needed in our bodies but it is very dangerous if we consume it. That lady and her family, her child and husband, went to a fast food restaurant. I forgot exactly what fast food place it was but after one hamburger, her son had E. coli. Apparently in the meat, the beef had E. coli in it. After, I believe, 12 days, her son died. His name was Kevin. His mother tried to do whatever she could do to make Congress pass her bill to become a law, Kevin's Law. Kevin's Law was to let the USDA and the FDA get back the right to shut down the companies if they had more than a few food epidemics or recalls. His mother fought for her dead son and to prevent the death of millions from these epidemics. She fought for about 7 years. I'm not quite sure if that bill was passed or not. It is the worst thing for a parent to lose their child for a stupid reason. If you ever get the chance, please watch Food Inc. It tells you what is behind your meat and what is actually in the meat. It is sad and cruel on how these industries are to their workers and their animals. If you want to help, try to remember Kevin's Law, sign the petition that is shown on my blog, buy organics, and go to farmers' markets for locally grown foods that are healthier. Also go onto Official Food Inc. to look at more things about the movie too. Well that's it. Bye!

PS. remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to read the middle of it... but the video is in the way! ;A;

    And this reminds me of Mr. Pang talking about "The Jungle" and "Supersize Me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i copied and pasted it on word haha
    looks like health class has inpired you quite a bit...not that thats bad, i guess this is what the teachers want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh really the movie is in it?? ill just put it at the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete