Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

WORD OF THE WEEK!!! (hypocrite)

Hey guys! I know I haven't made a word of the week in like two weeks. Sorry! It isn't like I'm forgetting. Ok partially I forget to do it or I just get really lazy. Ok so this week I think that my word of the week is hypocrite. To tell you the truth, it was either going to be hypocrite, pervert, or irony because I use all the words quite often, so I'll just use them for later weeks. Well I used the word hypocrite and pervert at the DC trip a lot, which was like two weeks ago. My school went for spring break, well only the people that wanted to. I thought the word pervert was a little immature to put this week so I've decided to put hypocrite instead. Plus this word is really funny. Well the backstory for hypocrite and pervert are the same. Well when my friends (and others...bleh.) and I were at DC, one of my friends, Sophie, kinda eavesdropped sometimes and she would randomly yell those words out loud. Oh good times. It made us all laugh like crazy. Let's just say DC trip was pretty awkward. Anyway back to the word of the week. Here is the definition.

HYPOCRITE:
definition:
-noun
1.a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Well that is the definition. That's it. BYE!

PS. remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment