Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

This School's Production of: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM by William Shakespeare PT. 1


Hey guys!!! I just wanted to say that I HAVE noticed that for the past few days I have been writing a lot of posts. It is just that I have so many thoughts right now, and because I get a little distracted when I do my homework. Anyway, today I wanted to talk about this school's drama department's showcase of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare. When I went to go and watch it with one of my best friends, Audrey, it was REALLY AWESOME!!! It was so hysterical! In the beginning I didn't really understand it, but that was partly because the sound didn't really travel all the way to the back of the room. Yup that is right, Audrey and I sat in the very last row and since we are so short (I am envious of tall people when I am in situations like that...so pretty much everyone at my school...sad...i know...), we couldn't see so we had to find different ways to see the stage, it didn't work out so well. We ended up just sitting correctly. :D We were so smart! :D

By the way, I read on facebook, there was this page on IN-N-OUT and it said: IN-N-OUT, its not just food, its a way of life. HAHAHA! LOVE IT!!!

Anyway back to the actual play, ok if you know the gist or the summary of this story than you will know who Nick Bottom is. Well if you don't, the character is basic a 'player,' not a player that is like, "HEY, HEY BABY!!!" no! but like a person that is kind of like an actor on the streets. Anyway back to the story at hand, he turns into a donkey, but in the play they say 'ass' so it kinda makes sense he turns into a donkey. Get it??? Bottom = ass. Yeah, get my simple logic, now. Moving on, so in the story, Puck, he is like Oberon King of Fairies, and does what he is told. So Oberon told Puck to put a spell on Titania, Queen of Fairies, so she falls in love with the first man she meets or sees. So, she falls in love with the donkey. When he is the donkey and Nick Bottom, it is so funny! Especially, when the 'players' do the play for the 'lovers.' So Nick plays this one character that falls in love with another women character, who is a guy 'player' playing a girl, and it is basically a story of Romeo and Juliet. So when he kills himself, he keeps stabbing himself will like a rubber or plastic knife and when he already stabs himself, he lifts his head up a little when he is laying on the floor and says, "DEAD!!!" So then I thought that was really funny. Another time was when he thought his love was dead, so he imitated tears by using his hands to imitate them, like rain falling down, so basically wiggling your fingers down then down again on your face. HYSTERICAL!!!

Now the second character that I thought was really funny. This is character's name is Flute. He is also a 'player.' He is the one that plays the girl that is in love with Nick's character for the play for the 'lovers.' It was so funny! Ok this one time in the play, when he comes out as the girl, she like pushes her, or his, fake boobs up and it is FUNNY! And when the guy is going to kiss her, or him, through the whole in the wall and sorta fake does it, it was hysterical! And another time, when she found the blood stained towel that her, or his, lover left she does the bend and SNAP! That was really funny too. And the last funny one I thought for him was, when she, or he, was going to kill herself, or himself, because her, or his, lover killed himself, she, or he, stabs herself, or himself, and then sits back and pops one of the balloons that is one of her, or his, fake boobs! HAHAHAHA! But to get the real aspect of it, you have to go and watch it. If you want to go watch it, you have to go to Woodbridge tomorrow night at 7 pm. Tickets are sold outside i think because Audrey bought the tickets and I payed her back.

Then out of the lovers, I thought Lysander was really funny when he was like taking his robe off in the woods, and was like, indirectly saying, to have "you know what." It was so funny the way he was saying and doing it. At first he was like that to Hermia, who is his one true love, but when Puck makes a mistake and makes him fall in love with Helena he does that to her too. HAHAHA!!! FUNNY! but still you have to go to the show to get the real aspect of that.

Lastly, I thought Theseus and Hippolyta were kinda funny. Mostly Theseus. Or was it Egeus...hmm....well whoever is the one that is a lover to Hippolyta...oh I'll just check google. Ok it is is confirmed, it is Theseus. It was so funny because they were like approaching the stage and then Theseus was like, "Egeus, you look very beautiful, but I look better of course." It was so funny. Well that's it! BYE!!! talk to you guys next time....

PS. remember to reduce, reuse, and recycle!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. "HEY HEY BABY!" That was wonderful. :)
    I loved the crossdresser! *band and snap*
    *pop the balloons and dies*
    HAHA

    ReplyDelete